Membership in the Pasadena Lapidary Society opens the full benefits of the Society to you! Our current membership forms can be found at the bottom of this page. In addition to our free monthly meetings, benefits to being a member are:
- A fully stocked lapidary workshop including: rock saws, full range of cabbing and polishing machines, faceting equipment, project tables and more! (Completion of instruction needed to use some machines.)
- Classes taught by skilled club members.
- Monthly newsletter, “Rockhound Ramblings”. Back issues are available on the newsletter page of this site.
- Social picnics and holiday parties.
- Field trips to collecting sites.
- Display case at our annual show at no cost to members!
Our members come from a wide spectrum of backgrounds and occupations united by an interest in rocks, minerals, gems and the earth sciences. You could be one of them! View a partial list of our members’ occupations.
Junior members (under the age of 18) are allowed and welcomed. We have a lot of youth members and we gear a lot of our activities so that our junior members can attend. Members under the age of 8 are not allowed in the workshop.
- Membership per calendar year is $25 for one adult.
- A second adult within the same household is $15 per calendar year.
- Junior members (under the age of 18) and any subsequent members from the same household are $10 each per calendar year.
- There is a one-time $10 initiation fee per person.
Renewals are due by the October General Meeting and delinquent after December 31st. We accept junior members (under the age of 18) but require a parent or guardian at all times for club activities. Junior members as young as 8 years old are welcomed in the workshop. Members under the age of 8 are not allowed in the workshop. Mail checks or money orders for membership to: P.O. Box 5025, Pasadena CA 91117-0025 or give them to the club Membership Chair or Secretary at our next meeting. For clarification please contact the membership chair. Our current membership chair can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership forms are below. Print them out and bring them to our meeting.